Webinar Registration: Open Source for Village Solutions
Thursday, July 23rd, 6pm - 7pm PDT
Hosted by: Daniel Frydman, Electronic Design Engineer, and Gabriel Wynn, Asia Regional Advisor
- Learn more about our open source initiative to improve the reliability and efficacy of community owned and operated micro-grids.
- Hear about past success with our open source Electronic Load Controller (ELC).
- Speak directly with program staff spearheading this project.
- Give direct feedback to program leaders from your perspective as an industry professional.
Working with regional partners in the Philippines and Malaysian Borneo, Green Empowerment plans to expand its current open source initiative to create two new pieces of technology:
- The first will communicate between the point of power generation and people’s homes so that community members have the ability to match usage with availability.
- The second will allow home appliances to be automatically responsive to the power supply.
These two innovations together will minimize power outages during peak-use hours and allow for excess energy (generated in off-peak hours) to be put to use. In addition to increasing reliability of micro-grids, the open source nature of this technology will allow for more affordable grid construction and maintenance.