A diverse network of students and professionals working locally to make an impact globally
Green Empowerment's Associate Board gives young professionals a local volunteer opportunity to make a difference internationally, builds future leaders, and infuses our work with new and creative ideas that amplify our impact. This group convenes on a regular basis both at the Green Empowerment office in downtown Portland and virtually on zoom to:
- Advise on and contribute to Green Empowerment visibility initiatives
- Build skills and learn more about international development and sustainability
- Expand their professional networks and connect with others who share their values
- Make a meaningful difference to the communities we support around the world
- Alicia Holsapple, School-Based Health Center Manager, Virginia Garcia
- Collin Thomas, Director of Business Development, Triple Oak Power
- Jacob Dodds, Coordinator for Individual Giving, Oregon Food Bank
- Kevin Johnston, Engineer, Acorn Onsite, Inc.
- Logan Nagel, Real estate investment & technology researcher
- Micah Rysavy, Student at Lewis & Clark College
- Zachariah Strassberg-Phillips, Architectural Designer at LRS Architects
Interested in connecting with one of our members to learn about their experience with Green Empowerment? Contact us at [email protected] and we will connect you with the appropriate Associate Board member.
Interested in joining the Associate Board?
Young professionals commit to:
- A service period of 12 months that can be renewed
- Attending two monthly meetings - one cohort meeting and one committee meeting
- Participation in at least one Green Empowerment fundraising or community event per year
- Dedicating approximately 4 - 8 hours a month to Associate Board activities
We are actively recruiting young adults between the ages of 21 and 42 who live in the greater Portland Metro Area or the San Francisco Bay Area to serve on the Associate Board. We are looking for members from diverse cultural backgrounds with an interest in Green Empowerment's work in renewable energy, water access, international development, sustainability, community organizing, engineering, and social justice.
Bilingual and bicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Fluency in languages other than English and/or connections to Green Empowerment countries are highly desired. Skills including graphic design, social media management, multimedia content creation, and fundraising are especially useful. Connections to local nonprofits, governments, businesses aligned with our work, community groups, or professional networks are greatly appreciated.
To learn more about Associate Board membership read our full Associate Board Charter.
Questions, contact our Engagement Manager at [email protected]. To apply, click on the button below.