- Learn about specific Green Empowerment projects and get an inside view of how this US based non-profit approaches international development with an anti-colonial mindset
- Expand their professional networks and connect with others who value social justice, sustainability, and local leadership
- Contribute to Green Empowerment visibility initiatives
- Make a meaningful difference to the communities we support around the world
Interested in joining the Associate Board?
Young professionals commit to:
- Attending two monthly meetings - one cohort meeting and one committee meeting
- Participation in at least one Green Empowerment fundraising or community event per year
- Dedicating approximately 4 - 8 hours a month to Associate Board activities
We are actively recruiting young adults between the ages of 21 and 45 who live in the greater Portland Metro Area, or anywhere in the US and are interested in participating virtually. We are looking for members from diverse cultural backgrounds with an interest in Green Empowerment's work in renewable energy, water access, international development, sustainability, community organizing, engineering, and social justice.
Bilingual and bicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Fluency in languages other than English and/or connections to Green Empowerment countries are highly desired. Skills including graphic design, video editing, writing, social media content creation and strategy and translation are highly desirable. Connections to local nonprofits, governments, businesses aligned with our work, community groups, or professional networks are greatly appreciated.
To learn more about Associate Board membership read our full Associate Board Charter.
We generally accept applications for new members in the summer and early fall. Questions, contact our Engagement Manager at [email protected].