A diverse network of students and professionals in Portland working locally to make an impact globally
Green Empowerment’s Associate Board gives young adults a local volunteer opportunity to make a difference internationally, builds the capacity of our city’s future leaders and infuses our work with new and creative ideas that amplify our impact. This group convenes on a monthly basis at the Green Empowerment office in downtown Portland (currently meeting via zoom) to:
- Advise on and contribute to Green Empowerment visibility initiatives
- Build skills and learn more about international development and sustainability
- Expand their professional networks and connect with others who share their values
- Make a meaningful difference to the communities we support around the world
Remember when we could pose shoulder to shoulder at an indoor event? 2019 Associate Board members strike a pose at our signature event Passport to Empowerment.
Former Associate Board member Slok Gyawali shares his passion for Green Empowerment with friends.
- Carly Vendegna, Program Analyst, TRC
- Eric Finley, Senior Project Manager, REMBE Inc.
- Eric LoPrete, Sustainability Education Coordinator, Washington County
- Paul Hawkins, Public Utilities Specialist, Bonneville Power Administration
- Stephanie Auxier, Population Health Specialist, CareOregon
- Alicia Holsapple, School-Based Health Center Manager, Outside In
- William (Will) Saalsaa, BBA Economics and minor in Sustainability
- Sami Walter, Project Development Associate, Clearway Energy Group Group
- Elana Lynn, Legal Assistant at The Batrakova Law Office and GlobalPDX Ambassador
- Nipin Gangadharan, Executive Director, Acupuncrists Without Borders
- Alexis Harris, Operations Manager, Aquent
- Francisco Perozo, BA in Environmental Studies and Art from Lewis & Clark College
- Alfredo (Tito) Antonio Higueras, Community Care Supervisor, Public Health Institute
- Collin Thomas, Originator, Avangrid Renewables
Interested in connecting with one of our members to learn about their experience with Green Empowerment? Contact us at [email protected] and we will connect you with the appropriate Associate Board member.
Join the Associate Board!
We are no longer accepting applications at this time for the 2021/2022 Associate Board Cohort. If you are interested, please check our website for the latest updates for the 2022/2023 Cohort open applications.
Young professionals commit to:
- A service period of 12 months that can be renewed twice, consecutively
- Attending monthly meetings, missing no more than two meetings per year
- Participation in at least one Green Empowerment fundraising or community event per year
- Dedicating no more than 8 hours a month to Associate Board activities
We are actively recruiting young adults between the ages of 21 and 40 who live in the greater Portland Metro Area to serve on the Associate Board. We are looking for members from diverse cultural backgrounds with an interest in Green Empowerment's work in renewable energy, water access, international development, sustainability, community organizing, engineering, and social justice.
Bilingual and bicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Fluency in languages other than English and/or connections to Green Empowerment countries are highly desired. Skills including graphic design, social media management, multimedia content creation, and fundraising are especially useful. Connections to local nonprofits, governments, businesses aligned with our work, community groups, or professional networks are greatly appreciated.