A diverse network of students and professionals in Portland working locally to make an impact globally
Green Empowerment’s Associate Board gives young adults a clear pathway to volunteer service in Portland, builds the capacity of our city’s future leaders and infuses our work with new and creative ideas that amplify our impact. This group convenes on a monthly basis at the Green Empowerment office in downtown Portland to:
- Advise on Green Empowerment initiatives and efforts to increase our visibility
- Build skills and learn more about international development and sustainability
- Expand their professional networks and connect with others who share their values
- Make a meaningful difference to the communities we support around the world
In addition to the shared activities above, current members have individual work plans to ensure their unique interests are fulfilled through this program – from improving Spanish language skills to learning more about renewable technologies to participating in local advocacy.
Bria Smith, Sustainability Manager, Home Builders Association of Portland
Caitlin Horsley, Sustainability & Decarbonization Strategy, Portland General Electric
Carly Vendegna, Program Analyst, TRC
Eric Finley, Senior Project Manager, REMBE Inc.
Ferman Mock, Associate, Natural Grocers
Gabriella Narvaez, Freelance Creative Lead & Sr. Art Director, Currently: Arts & Letters
Kate Schoof, Senior Marketing Specialist, 3Degrees
Paul Hawkins, Public Utilities Specialist, Bonneville Power Administration
Stephanie Auxier, Program Officer, SPOON
Melanie Billings-Yun, Board Liaison
Interested in connecting with one of our members to learn about their experience with Green Empowerment? Contact us at [email protected] and we will connect you with the appropriate Associate Board member.
Young professionals commit to:
- A service period of 12 months that can be renewed twice, consecutively
- Attending monthly meetings, missing no more than two meetings per year
- Participation in at least one Green Empowerment fundraising or community event per year
- Dedicating no more than 8 hours a month to Associate Board activities
At this time, this group is open to young adults between the ages of 21 and 40 who live in the Portland Metro Area. We seek members from diverse ethnic, cultural and professional backgrounds, with an interest in one or more impact areas related to Green Empowerment’s work including, but not limited to: renewable energy, international development, sustainability, environmental conservation, health, community organizing, engineering or social justice.
To ask questions about your eligibility or apply to become a member, please contact us at [email protected]. To apply to join the Associate Board click on the apply button below!